Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day

Happy Veteran's Day, thank you to all who serve our country.


Bucharest Traffic = Surly Husband

So today Mark, Deets and I decided to borrow Jerry, our neighbor's Peugot to cruise downtown to see Herastrau Park. Obviously in the chaos, we got lost. This really peeved Mark out to no end and we ended up just guessing our way home. Bad news. But the good news: we saw the Ambassador's hunk of coral colored mansion. Totally gorgeous. We cruised by the Arc de Triumph and "stop-n-goed" through post-Communist downtown. Exciting.

We ate lasagna tonight for dinner, the one made by our neighbors and it was good, not Amy-Baures good though. I will admit they did a great job considering you can't get ground hamburger or turkey around here. She used ground pork and added some fennel and a few other spices to fake the taste. Yum. Washed it down with a Christmas Brew and now we are perched in the loveseat watching Parks N Rec.

I am sending you pics of downtown-fun-day, but I apologize as it's just from the car.