Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ripley Chonicle #4: Constanta Danza!




The month of May is last minute prep time for the kind folks in Constanta and Mamaia to gear up for bikini heavy, sunscreen lathering, party blasting beach goers for the summer season. I felt it necessary to bring my folks there to check off the Black Sea on the must-see seas list. 


Hellooooo? Anyone?
 Sadly, it was pretty much deserted with exception to a lovely couple who were awkwardly laying on a chunk of concrete, making out and batting away the sand flies to the sound of the squawking seagulls.  I'd hoped for a few more attendees, but at least it was quiet and "oceany". Beach walking was a new milestone for Deets, but he was determined and even enthusiastic to explore (eat) the millions of shells that blended in what passed for sand. 


Hm, I'm good. No need to go ANY further. Thanks.
That is, until we got to the water's edge. As if Jaws was lurking beyond the tiny waves, he made it clear we were not to venture further out than a few inches. Poor kid. I imagine had there been regular beach goers present to frolic like Baywatch in the sea, he would have been more adventurous. I know I would.
Once a lifeguard, always a lifeguard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.