Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Gainful Employment

Whoa now. Pump the breaks, I got a job! Today was my first day as the editor for the Dacian Dispatch, the embassy's weekly electronic newsletter. I will be attempting to lay it all out for employees and their families who want to know "what's what" in Romania. From spotlights on travel worthy jaunts, food finds, and cultural enrichment, to sporting events, want ads, and friendly reminders for our budding community, the DD will become a part of my life I never thought would exist. For a nurse who "dares to care" and loves to play with bloody guts, I was never one to describe myself as a writer, but seems opportunity has taken me by surprise. It certainly will not be easy, but I am up for the challenge. So for now, we celebrate.
Pure unadulterated joy? Or just shock?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.